Tuesday, 22 March 2011

If You Have To Cry, Go Outside



For those of you who have been living under a rock or perhaps are just not as obsessed as I am, Kelly Cutrone (you know, PR powerhouse, appeared on The Hills and The City, author of my absolute favourite book) is in Australia at the moment.

As far as I'm aware (and I have spent hours stalking Twitter to find out this information) she is only visiting Sydney and Melbourne. For any dolls in Melbourne, she is doing her book signing tomorrow, 23rd March at the Illamasqua counter in Myer, Melbourne City. For more on that, head on over to Jess at Miss J Shopaholic






Her second book Normal Gets You Nowhere: Trust me, They're Lying to You is set to be released on May 1st which means if you haven't gotten around to reading her first book, If You Have To Cry Go Outside: and Other Things Your Mother Never Told You you should probably do so now. The Book Depository currently has it for a mere $10.34 and free postage world wide. You can also pre order her new book here.


It's honestly a pretty inspiring story and I have been known to carry it around in my handbag. Her honesty is admirable and the journey she has travelled to get to where she is now has made me feel as though I can do anything in the world. Some of my favourite words of wisdom include - 


- "Gather up your courage like an armful of free clothes at a McQueen sample sale and follow your inner voice wherever it takes you"


- "Self assurance is 90 percent of the game, it turned out; if you act as if you know what you're doing and as if you're in charge, you'll be surprised how how many people will let you be in charge"


- "I'm not a smart businesswoman. Frankly, I'm not even that smart. What I am is fearless and intuitive"


Seriously, can you see why I love her?


Anyways, any dolls that do go to her book signing, I'm dying to hear how it went so let me know. 


Take Care Dolls,
Mumma In Heels.Xo

3 comments:

  1. I love 'Kell on Earth' on LifestyleYOU and I actually really like her attitude. She doesn't seem to give a shit. lol

    Was debating whether or not to give her book a whirl but I think I probably will. Looks like it's got some great advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fearless and intuitive - I love that, it's how women should be :) this is totally irrelevant but have you read Women Who Run With The Wolves, it's a great book particularly for fearless intuitive types :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela - thanks for the comment :) I have to agree, I love her attitude.

    Jade - haven't read it but I love reading. Will check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!