Tuesday, 29 March 2011

Snow White Nails.

I have to admit, I used to think white nail polish was for french tips only. A whole nail painted white purely reminded me of Year Two when my friends and I would paint our nails with white out (surely we weren't the only ones?).




But once my favourite Kardashian sisters started popping up everywhere wearing white nails (especially Kim), it was a trend I had to try and since then, it has been one of my favourite nail colours.

Now, I love a good two dollar nail polish cheapie every now and then, but let me be the first to say that a cheap white polish never ends happily. They streak, they need five coats or they chip very quickly. Trust me, just skip to a brand like OPI.

Why not do a little Kardashian reading while waiting for nails to dry?

While I generally just stick to two coats, white polish is definitely a three coater. So if you're in a rush to get somewhere, I suggest not deciding to paint your nails white at the last minute!

OPI Alpine Snow

You should also make sure your cuticles aren't dry and you buff your nails before hand, while white polish does look pretty, it also shows up every tiny fault on your nails (as you'll see below).


A very dodgy paint job - told you the white shows off everything!
By the way, yes, that is Pacmans foot you can see.


For more on OPI you can visit their website here
To order OPI (and others) online, visit MBeauty Lounge. They stock OPI very cheaply, though be prepared to wait about 3 weeks for delivery.

What's your current favourite nail colour?
The Mumma In Heels.Xo

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Never tried white nails aside from Liquid Paper at school. haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love white nails, but def need to use opi or chanel as cheap ones look tacky! and Yes i too painted my nails with liquid paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love white nails...but they do demand perfection :(

    I think silver is equally as awesome as white though, and slightly more forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty cute! I might have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!