Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Sunkissed Skin

Since becoming a Mumma, I've had to give up my weekly spray tans. 
No harm done really, there are some great self tanners and it is definitely better for my budget. There are also some terrible self tanners (in which case, make a mixture of water, lemon juice and bicarb soda and scrub).

One of my favourite self tanners is the ModelCo Tan Mousse.


Excuse the chipped nail polish and bad lighting


For starters, it's a a foam. Which makes tanning super easy. It's pretty hard to end up with an uneven or streaky tan.

The colour itself is great. As natural as a fake tan can get and while it develops over a few hours, it also has a bit of a bronze colour when applied (which is great if you can't remember where you have applied it!).

Mister is not a fan of the fake tan smell, to be honest I don't think anyone is - until you try this mousse. It smells like coconut - yum!

It will last around three days, though I find that exfoliating and moisturising with a gradual tan moisturiser (like this Dove Summer Glow) will keep your skin sunkissed for about a week.

It comes in two sizes 100ml ($19.95) and 180ml ($35). 
To read a full product description or to purchase it online, you can visit here.


What's your favourite self tanner?
Happy Wednesday, 
The Mumma In Heels. Xo

3 comments:

  1. Coconut scent! Yum!

    While I love the look of tanned skin, I completely suck at applying it. I will always end up looking a mess. haha I don't know why I'm so bad at it, to be honest.

    The only products I have remote success with are gradual tanners, especially Dove Summer Glow. Nice colour and much more fool-proof for people like me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 the St Tropez mousse/foam.
    Same reason, easy to apply - not so easy to fail

    I had to give up solariums when the kids came along due to health risk involved

    ReplyDelete
  3. My man HATES "tan smell" as well so THANK YOU for putting me onto this product!
    Will def be going out to buy it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!