Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Another Non Beauty Beauty Product.




A few weeks ago, I shared one of my favourite "non beauty beauty" products with you.

Today post features another one: Lansinoh Lanolin

Let's start off by saying, yes this product is recommended for breastfeeding mothers. But what it really should be recommended for is dry lips.

Now I can hear you all thinking it, wouldn't it be a little embarrassing to pull a tube of 'nipple cream' out of your handbag? Fear not, the product is quite thick (which is part of it's magic) and I've found just applying it once a day seems to keep my dry lips away. That once a day often occurs before bed when no one (except Mister, but he doesn't mind) is there to giggle at me eagerly applying nipple cream to my lips.
The product is designed to be left on the nipple while bubs is feeding so it doesn't have a strange taste or anything, in fact it smells and tastes a bit like Vaseline.

It's 100% lanolin (not unlike Lanolips) and you can score a small tube of it for around $5 (check the 'baby' section at supermarkets or chemists) or if you really can't bear the thought of putting a product on your lips that is made for boobs, you can try Lanolips which is available Addicted 2 Lip Balm (but I'll leave a Lanolips review for a whole other blog post).

Do you have a non beauty beauty product that you'd like to share with me?
The Mumma In Heels. Xo


P.S - Tomorrow I'll be reviewing a Picture Polish lacquer. For a chance at winning three Picture Polish polishes of your choice, head over to Sara Hassans Blog to enter her giveaway (it's open internationally too!).

PP.S - Mumma In Heels is now on BlogLovin. How about helping me out and become a follower?

4 comments:

  1. I used this product with both of my kids and it really worked for me. But I've never thought of using it on my lips, I think I have some left I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i might have mentioned this before, but Amolin (nappy rash cream) is also bloody marvelous for dry sore lips. And a big tube will last you pretty much your whole life. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeh like Suzanne I use Amolin too, and Sudocream (for zits) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a tiny tube of this for my lips and only apply it at bedtime too. It's so thick! I practically can't get it out in winter, and only just in warmer months :) But it does an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!